August 18, 2008

desperate leads to desperate measures...

We need a wireless modem cause there's no phone jack in the room for our dsl. We have tried lots of places and NO one seems to know what their talking about, even at the Apple store. My in house mac expert (love ya Nathe) told me what to get. Some airport thingy. So I told the girl that at the store, which is far from our new home and she tried to sell me the one that costs $169.99 + tax instead of the one my expert told me to get, which costs $99. Since I'm tired and still lacking of myself from this move and unpacking (no, I'm not done yet, don't go there) I believed her, but I didn't get it because I don't have an extra $200 right now. So, in desperation.... I strung the really long phone cord across our kitchen and all is right with the world now. I just finished getting my blog fix from scanning over 300 posts :) 

see small rectangle on wall? phone jack...
see small black thing and long cord? dsl modem and phone cord
see happy people (actually, they're all sleeping)  and now the fighting over the computer has commenced!
I have missed you all. Pregnancies,new babies, new cars, family reunions....  I'll try to update in bits and pieces. I have 2 weeks to catch up on. Like my kids first day of school and how they're adjusting or not adjusting...
Blog ya later!

7 comments:

Christie said...

Bummer - I hate problems like that. We tried the wireless router thing (our main jack is in the basement, and I wanted internet at my desk off the kitchen). It kept crashing and we were so frustrated. We finally found out that our internet provider could GIVE us a wireless router, as well as provide support for it. Was actually cheaper than the internet plan we were on before, and now it doesn't crash all the time. Try that maybe? Good luck.

the wrath of khandrea said...

so you're saying you're pregnant, have had a new baby, got a new car, AND had a family reunion?

wow. no wonder it's been quiet on your end.

oh, wait. you meant EVERYONE ELSE. my bad.

Unknown said...

Bummer stuff.

can;t wait to hear about how things have gone!!

Heidi said...

Yay! You're online! Thank goodness for good old human ingenuity.

Tristan said...

Yay for internet! Can't wait to hear more about the new place!

Anonymous said...

Hillary... I missed you! now that you moved far away from where I WOULD be and for some reason I'm still mad as if you left me...

Yes, everything in our house is wireless... only way to lay in bed and blog!

Celia Fae said...

Hey, sorry to hear that the big bad depression is back. Keep fighting. And medicating. This too shall pass.