August 15, 2007

The Water Park

I thought it would be a fun day to take the kids to the Antioch Water Park today. It is the last day before MArk has to go back to work (he took a new teaching job at American Canyon Middle School - school starts the 20th) and I had the day off. There were a couple of family members - who will remain nameless - who didn't wan to go. So after I got upset and mad, I stated what I wanted and if anyone didn't want to go, I didn't care. We all went :)







It was a great day. I realized that I haven't spent ANY time in the sun this summer. It felt really good and nourishing! It was pretty uneventful - except for the kid that threw up in the shallow pool - a great way to spend a couple of hours for pretty cheap!


I can't believe the summer is almost over. It went by very fast. I'm not ready for Mark to go back to work. It means I have to go back to being Mom again. I've had a nice break and it's been great having Mark's support.

4 comments:

heidizinha said...

Hi Hillary! Thanks for finding my blog. I very much remember the Miles family. We were planning trying to go with your parents to church when we visited San Francisco last September, but we didn't make it. It looks like everything is going well for you. I gave Amy your blog address. Thanks again for checking on the Livingstones!

D-dawg said...

We loved the antioch water park last summer. Now they have that new rule where you have to be taller to go on any of the rides so my little Logan couldn't go. So we only went once this summer. But it is a great little place. I'm glad you put your foot down and made everyone go on a family outing. Sometimes you just have to do that!

Amy Jorgensen said...

Hillary!!!! Its Amy here -- Heidi forwarded a link to your blog. So cute! I've tried several times to find you. Guess who just moved out of our ward...Marci and Eric Fillmore. They said they were in your ward in Walnut Creek before they moved out here. They've moved on to Washington now, but they were such a cute family. I'd love to get back in touch. email me at thejorgensens@gmail.com. Your blog is so great. Amy

Tristan said...

Its nice to meet you thru your blog! You have a beautiful family! I really appreciate your comment you left on my blog. I also am best friends with my mom, and we went thru some hard times in my teenage years as well. I think that every teen girl goes thru that with their mothers which is why I am terrified! LOL That waterpark looks like so much fun! Very cute blog! Love it!