October 17, 2007

OK, sorry :)

I'm sorry to those who requested the recipe. Here it is.

3 bags microwave popcorn ( I used my airpopper and made 3 batches)
2 cubes butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup Karo syrup
1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup salted nuts ( I didn't use any because I didn't have any would've been good though!)

pop corn and put in large bowl, get rid of old maids :)
in heavy pan - or what ever you have - combine butter, b sugar, karo & salt - I cooked it on med high.
bring to boil - until softball stage. I stirred it occasionally, but other recipes say you don't have to. I cooked it a little longer. the longer you cook it, the harder it will be when cooled.
( if you don't have a candy thermometer, use a cup of cold water. just drop a little in after about 5 mins or so and take it out and see how soft or hard it is.)
hard crack is 260degrees.
take off heat and add vanilla baking soda and nuts. ( now is a good time to probably add the m&m's, but I added them a little late) mix well. add to popcorn and mix well some more.
I spread mine out onto a cookie sheet. let cool - or not - and enjoy.
keep it in a air tight container and it will last a couple of days - or longer if it stays around that long :)
enjoy! I think I'll make some more.....

1 comment:

Tristan said...

Thank you my dear! I can't wait to make some!