November 7, 2007

Sticky Bun Recipe

I thought I would post the recipe in case anyone wanted it. A friend gave me this recipe a few years ago, but I had lost it. Wouldn't you know that last week on Paula Deen's Home Cooking, she made the exact recipe. She called it a coffee cake, but we don't drink coffee:)

So, here it is....

16 - 18 unbaked frozen dinner rolls (I use Rhodes Rolls)
1 (3oz) package butterscotch pudding mix, NOT INSTANT
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c chopped pecans
1 stick (1/2 c) melted butter

The night before place frozen rolls in a well greased Bundt pan.
Sprinkle DRY pudding mix over rolls.
Sprinkle brown sugar next.
Sprinkle pecans over brown sugar.
Pour melted butter over all.
Cover with a damp towel or plastic wrap.
Let rise over night (8-10 hours) Do you get 8-10 hours of sleep at night?
In the morn, preheat oven to 350, bake for 30 minutes. (I cooked mine for less than that. Keep an eye on the tops for browning. Cover with foil if it starts to brown to much.
Let cool for about 5minutes, then turn over onto a plate (you know, put plate on top of bundt pan, while holding onto plate and pan at the same time, flip over!)
Enjoy. We always have eggs too because a little protein goes a long way.

1 comment:

amanda said...

Thanks for posting! I've been looking for this recipe; couldn't find it! Didn't think to look under coffeecake.