December 18, 2007

Dishwasher story...

OK, so if you've read about our wonderful (sarcasm) landlady, you'll get this. So about a month and a half ago, our dishwasher kinda quit on us. It wasn't rinsing the dishes. Mind you the DW is only 1.5 yrs old, but it was the cheapest model our LL could get. She had to replace the really old one because it had been leaking under the floor for who knows how long, but that's a whole other story!

Sooo.... she was SO VERY upset because this brand new dishwasher wasn't working, which I'm sure was out fault... She wanted to buy a part that she THOUGHT might be the problem and wanted us to pay 1/2 (of $100). To which I replied - NO.

This fell by the wayside, she had family stuff going on, while we quietly hand washed dishes - yes, Thanksgiving dishes, too - for a month. (talk about missing something!!!)

She finally called about a week ago to tell me she had complained to the DW people but to no avail, she had to fix it. I kindly offered to check on Craigslist (a favorite) for a newish, cheap DW. She agreed. SO my hunt was on. I replied to a post from Walnut Creek - very close to me - and who should respond but Heidi M - a friend both in and out of blogging. They had just purchased it the day before in Napa, but it didn't work for them. I'm thinking it was a God thing here! I love those!

Sooo.... Saturday after a day of baseball (my next post) we picked it up from Heidi and we installed it. Well my husband was the brute force getting the old one out but I intstalled it. I felt very IMPOWERED! You should try it sometime :)

Here's a little glimpse of us hard at work...

11 comments:

Celia Fae said...

Coincidence? I don't think so. You must have paid your tithing this year.

Anonymous said...

hand wash dishes for a whole month?!... that's what you made your kids for. ;)

Hillary said...

yes, tithing was paid. but we may have a little problem with siad dw. it's leaking underneath and now there's rattling fron the motor. it will all work out!

Jessica said...

Oh no...I just read about the possible leakage. That landlady's really going to think it's your fault now!

D-dawg said...

I hope the leakage is fixed??? Good job installing it Hillary! That is SO impressive!

Paige said...

Can I have a hot dog and some of those chips?

Tristan said...

I am impressed! I leave that stuff up to Ryan. I might break a nail or something! LOL

Anonymous said...

...and I only get one guess on which child that is huh Hillary... ha. One guess would be all I need on that one. Still your funny guy...

Anonymous said...

...and I only get one guess on which child that is huh Hillary... ha. One guess would be all I need on that one. Still your funny guy...

Hillary said...

Actually, Katie, it is not. It would be my oldest!

Anonymous said...

wow, my 2 oldest, 14 & 12... are the ones most in love with themselves. sad, really. ha. they want the whole world to see them.