March 13, 2009

Wedding Fair

My mom and I are going to be in a wedding show 

tomorrow in Clayton CA. We spent a good part of today creating some of the most beautiful wedding bouquets and centerpieces. It's like painting, only better. I will post pictures of everything this weekend. 

I am so grateful to be able to share this with my mom and to have found a talent that I hated when I had to help her when I was a teenager. It's like working with your best friend. We finish each others thoughts and create things the other has visioned.

It will be a long and fulfilling day. Something I need to experience to get back into my life and who I am. I share with you soon!

Check out her website

5 comments:

Tristan said...

Good for you! You and your Mom are so talented! Post pics!!

Ashley said...

I wish I was there to play and have fun. I am glad that you are getting out and back in the swing of things. I love you both and can't wait to hear all about it! Xo~A

Janelle said...

Hey Hillary, I just read on your mom's website that she worked at Hallmark Cards in Kansas City MO after graduating in art and guess what?

So did my mother in law! And she does flowers for weddings too.

I always thought they would get along.

the wrath of khandrea said...

i long to have a visual talent. i have to settle for the lesser-seen talents like "being a good friend" or "being a good listener." i want to make stuff that people look at and go WOW.

like your floral arrangements.

wow.

Devri said...

That is wonderful.. you and your mom rock!