May 18, 2009

Progress


Remember when I did this? Well, I thought I'd give you an update on my recovery... in pictures, of course..... 

1 week post op
1 week PO
1 month PO

1 month PO

2 months post op
2 months PO
2 months PO
1st time in shoe so I could walk Emma to school


4 months after surgery
4 months post op
4 months... getting my tan on.... in need of pedicure!!!
I'm doing pretty well. I've been driving for about 6 weeks now!!  Who knew one could be so grateful to drive again! I'm still stiff in the am and when I've done too much... like go on a walking field trip to petco last week - it was a little long. I was sore for 2 days later. But more or less, I've fully functional, I just have 2 lovely scars and a slight limp when I'm tired or have over done it! Still can't wear heels yet. Or flip flpos... even though I do, I know I shouldn't cause there is NO support in flip flops! But I got some really cute ones from old navy! Any one know of fome cute, summery shoes that would be supportive??? let me know!





7 comments:

Tristan said...

Looks good!! It must be nice to be back to somewhat normal.

Unknown said...

I can't believe that was 4 months ago! It is looking good. I bet it is nice to be getting back to normal.

Never A True Aggie said...

It is looking so much better. Now you will know when it is going to rain. My leg that I broke when I was 13 always hurts a bit before the rain comes in....go figure. Who would of thought a little ice skating would cause so much mayhem. Oh, what size do you wear? I have a pair of crocs (the mary jane style-black) that I just don't wear. I wore them maybe like 10 times. I was going to give them on freecycle, but if you want them, I can send them over to you no problem. They have lots of holes so they are cool for the summer and straps to keep them on and I think some arch support. Let me know.

Devri said...

Wow, looks tons better.. NOw let get it 100 percent!!!

hugs to you

the wrath of khandrea said...

keep healing!!

Jan said...

Thank goodness. It is looking so good. Happy for you.

Heidi said...

I'm so sorry that you have had to deal with this for four months! I can't believe it has been that long (tho, you, no doubt, are fully aware of each and every hour!)